The 9th Annual Sri Lanka Festival will be held at Tokyo’s Yoyogi Park in Shibuya Ward on 8th and 9thSeptember 2012 from 10.00 am to 7.00 pm. Entrance to the Festival is free of charge.
The Sri Lanka Festival 2012 will provide the Japanese public with a unique opportunity to experience a taste of Sri Lankan culture right here in the heart of Tokyo. Around 100,000 visitors are expected at the Festival over the two days.
The Festival will showcase trade, culture, food and investment and will promote Sri Lankan products at more than 80 trading stalls. They include:
• Spicy Sri Lankan food including rice & curry, string hoppers, hoppers, egg hoppers, kotturotti, cutlets, rotti, vaddai
• Sri Lankan beer and coconut arrack
• Exquisite semi-precious gems and costume jewellery
• Organic herbal products including Ayurveda health care items cosmetics, health drinks virgin coconut oil, cashew and Kithul syrup
• Brass and silver ornaments ,wood carvings & Sri Lankan ceramic
• Pure Ceylon tea from different regions of Sri Lanka with gourmet packaging
• Pure Sri Lankan spices including cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg, mustard, seeds, coriander, turmeric etc.
• Sri Lankan crafts, hand woven textile , batik and children’s garment
• Kid’s Corner
• Grand raffle draw with many exciting prices including round trip tickets toSri Lanka with holiday packages
Cultural Performances will also be presented by the world renowned Sri Lankan dance troupe, “Channa -Upuli” who will perform different styles of Sri Lankan classical dance at the Festival as well as popular music performances by the “Bathiya and Santhush” group.
The Festival is organised by the Embassy of Sri Lanka inTokyo with the support of Japanese and Sri Lankan business organisations and well-wishers.
We would therefore like to extend our invitation to you to participate at this annual event as an exhibitor. The “Application form”, the “Guidelines to apply for Sri Lanka Festival 2012 - English” and the “Guidelines to apply for Sri Lanka Festival 2012 - Japanese” may be downloaded.
Further information on the Sri Lanka Festival can be obtained from the Embassy of Sri Lanka in Tokyo as follows:
Embassy of Sri Lanka
28th April 2012
Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 May 2012 07:24