The applicant must come to the Embassy in person to submit the application. Applicant is required to be submit a self-explanatory letter indicating details of his lost passport.
1. Duly filled application form- Form K (IM35),
2. 'D' Form must be completed in duplicate. (Please do not leave any blanks.) You can download the 'D'-Form here.
3. 4 colour photographs (3.5.x4.5 cm)
4. Original birth certificate
5. National Identity card
6. Marriage certificate (if changing the maiden name)
7. Academic/Professional Certificate or letter of appointment (if the job description is to be included)
8. Citizenship Certificate if the applicant is a citizen by registration
9. Two self addressed envelopes
Charges for a lost passport
1) If produced a copy of lost passport (M and N series) along with the application
Fee: JPY34,000 + postage JPY800 = total JPY34,800
2) If not produced a copy of lost passport along with the application
Fee: JPY44,000 + postage JPY800 = total JPY44,800