1. Duly filled application form- Form K (IM35),
2. 4 colour photographs (3.5.x4.5 cm)
3. Written consent of the parents for issuing of a separate passport for the child if a child is below 16 years of age. This letter must be signed by both parents.
4. Original birth certificate
5. Original travel documents of parents, if they don't possess travel documents an affidavit confirming same.
6. Original marriage certificate of parents
7. If the child is born abroad original citizenship certificate. Children born outside Sri Lanka can be issued separate passports only if Citizenship Certificates have been obtained.
8. Two self addressed envelopes
9. Fee: JPY 16,000 + postage JPY 800 = total JPY 16,800
The applicant should submit the originals with two sets of photocopies of item Nos. 4 to 7 as described above along with the application.