1. One of the parties to the marriage, who should be a Sri Lankan citizen, should give “Notice of Marriage” to the Embassy.
2. The marriage can be registered in the Embassy after the lapse of twelve (12) days from the receipt of the Notice of Marriage but within three (03) months from such date.
3. Valid passports of both parties should be produced. (Japanese citizens may produce other identification documents, if passport is not available)
4. Original of Birth Certificate of Sri Lankan National
5. Both parties should be present at the Embassy in person.
6. Two (02) witnesses if they are Sri Lankans with valid passports and visas are compulsory.