Last Updated on Monday, 15 August 2011 05:38
A child born outside of Sri Lanka is eligible to apply for a Sri Lankan Birth Certificate.
English translations of the documents should be submitted in order to minimize the processing time.
1. Original Birth Certificates of the parents
2. Original Marriage Certificate of parents
3. Original Sri Lanka Citizenship Certificate of father and mother, if he or she is a Registered Citizen
4. Original Travel Documents and Visas held by parents to prove residence abroad at the time of child's birth
5. Original of Birth Certificate issued by the hospital where the child was born, and above certificate later registered at the City Office on which certification of City Office is required along with its English translation.
6. Two sets of photocopies of above documents have to be submitted along with the application.
7. Two self addressed envelopes
8. Fee: JPY12,900